3.23.2010

new phone!

Last week we had our BRAND NEW Mac Desktop just fizzle and die on us. One minute it was up and running, the next it wouldn't turn on. Let me tell you, there is NOTHING that can frustrate me more (except rudeness) than technology NOT working. SO we lugged the frickin thing to the Galleria in Glendale, instead of the grove because parking is free and it takes the same amount of time to get there. And the guy says, "Whoa, that's weird." According to him, every one out of a million Macs has a capacitor fry, and ours just happened to be that one. YAY!!

You may think, "Well Jon, you had only had it for a couple of weeks, what's the big deal?"

The Big deal is that I lost hours of work that I put toward my music and Voice Over Demos as well as my Wife's Acting Reel. Hours that we somehow need to find again. Ugh!

'Breathe'

Anywho, so while we were there I decided to walk down to Verizon and see about upgrading our Yesteryear phones to Droids. After standing there like an idiot for about 5 minutes, i realized i had to "Check -In," which i think is stupid and lazy Customer service. "Instead of me asking you if I can help you, I'm gonna have you Check-in like your flying to Des "fucking" Moines for the weekend and THEN you can walk up to me and complain about our company."

So when I finally got to talk to a guy, i asked him how much it would cost for me to upgrade my phone to a Droid. He tells me, that even though I've been a customer for 'x' amount of years, I'd still have to pay full price, which is $570!!

Are you kidding me! I could buy a fucking netbook, download Skype for free and talk on that for $300!!

Then I asked him how much it would cost to just cancel our contracts. Without batting an eye or trying to sell me on staying, he says $225 for both lines. No haggling, trying to sweeten the deal and make me stay. Nope. Nothing.

SO......................

We cancelled our account and bought iPhones


Photobucket





And we couldn't be happier.


Well, we could, but that's sort of obvious. Isn't it?

No comments: