3.25.2010

Finally, a watering hole

I've spent the better part of the last 5 years in LA looking for a watering hole that i can go any night of the week and have a good time. I no longer need to look.

One Monday night I was working at the Spa, and my friend Justin was working at Wintech and he informed me that I had a paycheck that he needed to get to me. He offered to buy me a drink and so i did a random search for a bar in Studio City, about halfway between where i was and where he was. there was Maeve's:


Photobucket


We decided to give the place a shot. From the street it looks terrible. It's sandwiched in the back corner in a mini mall that has seen better days. I'm sure that it also frequently gets overlooked because The Fox and Hounds is next door and resides on the actual street, where it's highly visible.

Regardless, I went in and was pleasantly surprised. Not only was the place quaint and low key, but it was CHEAP. All day Happy hour on Mondays, and most beers were only $5 on top of that.

Photobucket

If you find the time, come join us there on a random night of the week. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

No comments: