4.16.2008

Adventures in Glendale or How I went to Whole Foods and Learned to hate the Dijon Mustard.

So Jillian and I went to Whole Foods on Sunday, mainly for me to get some of this supplement called Co Q10, because it apparently promotes Healthy Gums(see previous Post). While there we decided to purchse a couple of tasty fresh wraps and eat them there. We both asked for Dijon mustard. I haven't had Dijon mustard in some time and didn't recall it being so frickin hot. I mean at times i felt like i'd asked for wasabi on my wrap.

Spicy mustard aside, as we sat together eating our wraps and sweating buckets, Jillian said, "You know what's funny, i've never seen a celebrity in Glendale." To which i responded, "Yeah, that IS funny. I wonder why?" Is Glendale just not that exciting? To be honest, that's seems logical. There are few things to do other than go to The Scene or The Glendale Galleria. Not two seconds after this exchange, i looked to my right at the checkout line there, noticed the guy in line, and turned back to Jillian and said, "Well there's Joel McHale."



Jillian looked at him, then glanced back at me, and we both died laughing. I mean, we've been living in Glendale for almost a year now, never seen a celebrity, and the moment we realize that, we see one. What are the odds?!!
To add to that, the next day, Jillian was filming with the Post Show guys and one of them (not sure who, i wasn't there) mused to her, "You know you married Joel McHale?"

This isn't the first time i've been compared to The Soup-miester. A few people at work have commetned that i would be quite good at his job. And i think i would, i'm a goofy, lanky, bitingly sarcastic bastard as well. Ha!
So yeah, if any of you hear of an opening at the Soup, you call them and give them my info, i'll talk the shit out of that soup.

Band of the week
Patient Patient
These guys were recommended to me by The Monthlies.

No comments: