4.25.2008

Goodbye Scene, I knew you when.

So, as i'm sure most of you are aware, The Scene Bar is my favorite bar in Los Angeles. Not just because it's only three blocks from my house, not just because they have cheap drinks, not just because they only charge $5 bucks for shows, but mainly because every night i've gone there i've had a good time and listened to great music. I've even gone there on nights when i didn't have anything better to do and found myself witness to a great show.

The bar is a haven for hipsters, but is not hipster exclusive *cough Spaceland*. I enjoy being there and love the atmosphere. Plus the sound system is fantastic. Then today, i check out Classical Geek Theatre, and see this:




Now mind you, i'm not one to be upset at a visual of the female form, but for those of you that have been to this bar, would you EVER excpect to see people like this drinking there, let alone working there?!

This is beyond upsetting. Is nothing sacred anymore? Girls dressed like this are only going to attract one kind of patron: douchebags. The scene will no longer be the joyful place i remember. I swear to Christ, if this turns into another one of those hair band venues like the sunset strip has so many of (the reason most of us NEVER go there), i'm gonna scream and bitch till i'm blue in the face.

*Ugh. If it's not broke, don't fix it. I understand renovating the bar, updating it a little, but this visual makes me want to barf.

Band of the week:
Joe Purdy

This guy's song was on a car commerical. really catchy folk. i like it.

No comments: